Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 37 hours including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
Post number: 200516
You will be contracted to the NRW location stated in this advert, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
We are looking to recruit a Cook to join our catering team at our Bwlch Nant yr Arian Visitor centre. The successful applicant will have good knowledge and experience in preparing and delivering a great food offer, have knowledge of Food Hygiene standards and be creative and inspirational.
You will be required to work well within a team and under pressure during our busy times, ensuring that tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner to enable the day to day running of the catering offer, and an excellent customer experience.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of a high-quality menu which represents NRW strategy in support of healthy lifestyles.
- Help ensure that a high-quality catering service is available daily between the advertised hours of operation.
- Ensure that food presentation is of a high standard and portion size is consistent.
- Ensure that all interactions with the public present NRW in the best possible manner through good customer care and service provision.
- Ensuring that Hygiene, Health and Safety Policy and Practices are adhered to. Ensuring that the HACCP file is maintained up to date so that key actions can be taken to eliminate the risk of the hazards from food contamination.
- Ensure that all accidents that occur while acting as duty cook are recorded and inform line manager.
- Act as a role model of organisational values: Show exemplary behaviours of honesty, integrity and ethics. Challenge others when they fail to act as role models.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Professional Qualification desirable in Food Hygiene level 2 or willingness to acquire through formal training.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a catering and customer service role.
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 3 – Able to communicate with confidence in Welsh in some work situations
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Please send your CV to Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk
Closing date: 22 August 2022
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Jenn Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03000 654178
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.