Request environmental data
Before you request data from us, check whether you can find the data online.
- check your long-term risk of flooding from rivers and seas using the flood risk map viewer
- check river levels
- download and view environmental data on the DataMapWales and the DataMapWales map viewer
- access ecology data, such as species and habitats, on the NBN Atlas Wales
- check the public registers for permits and exemptions
- view river flow data on the National River Flow Archive
- find evidence reports online, or search the library
- view maps
If you cannot find the data you need from our online resources:
- use the library search to find other available data
- complete a data request form
It may take up to 20 working days to supply data that is not available online.
If you cannot find reports online, please contact our library: email@example.com.
Open and conditional licences
We provide NRW data under the Open Government Licence (OGL) and a NRW conditional licence. We use a conditional licence for sensitive NRW data that require specific re-use restrictions.
Third party data
Data marked third party in the library catalogue are held for NRW internal re-use. Third party data usually can't be licensed to external requestors. You will need to contact the third party provider directly.